I love breakfast foods so incredibly much and am always looking for a way to create yummy food! I created this French Toast Bake that is to die for! I make it often in the fall when I don’t mind the oven being on and experiment with different toppings. You can add anything from fruit for sweet to different herbs for savory. Serve with a side of you favorite breakfast meats, potatoes and fruit for a meal that will guarantee happiness!
French Toast Bake
- 1/2 loaf Sourdough Bread cut into cubes
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon more to sprinkle on top
- 3/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Real Vanilla
- 1 tsp Sugar In The Raw
- Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place cubed sourdough bread into 9x9 baking dish
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until blended.
- Pour egg mix over bread
- Sprinkle the top with more cinnamon and sugar in the raw
- Bake 35-40 minutes in preheated oven. While be golden brown when done.
- While baking add maple syrup to a sauce pan and add fruit of choice. ( I use blueberries and apples) Simmer until fruit softens. Spoon over finished French Toast and voila a scrumptious breakfast is served!