I had the pleasure of visiting one of our local restaurants the other day and had their version of a Monte Cristo! To say I was mind blown is an understatement so I had to come up with my own version and share it with y’all of course! I mean how rude would it be to not do so? If you want to make your French Toast ahead of time follow this recipe (uses brioche bread) then stack your sandwich and make more like a grilled cheese ensuring the cheese is melted and gooey!
If you still have leftover turkey or ham and need ideas for how to mix it up, this is it! Enjoy y’all!
Leftover Turkey & Ham Monte Cristo
- Good bit of both sliced turkey and ham fresh not sandwich meat unless you can't get fresh
- 2 cups Gruyere cheese shredded
- 6 slices Sourdough Bread for French Toast
- 4 large Eggs for French Toast
- Splash of milk for French Toast
- 1 tsp Cinnamon for French Toast
- 1/2 tsp Real vanilla extract for French Toast
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Raspberry Preserves
- Place 3 slices of bread on surface to build your sandwich
- Spread mayo on each slice
- Preheat your Turkey & Ham prior to layering
- Layer your sandwich as follows: Bread, Mayo, Cheese, Ham, Turkey, Cheese, Bread
- In a medium bowl mix eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat until combined and fluffy.
- Place your sandwich into the egg mixture, let sit for a moment to soak a bit of the egg mixture then gently lift flip and soak other side.
- Melt butter in a large skillet
- Place sandwich gently onto a heated skillet
- Cook until browned on both sides and cheese is melted
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with preserves
Want to make sure you never miss a post from us? Join the list and be the first to know! Subscribe Here!