We are bread lovers no doubt and anytime I can incorporate bread into any of my meals, I have one happy family!
Coop is recovering still from croup so we didn’t get to church today. I decided a full breakfast was in order. French Toast, sausage and fruit. I love a hearty bread for French Toast and you can’t go wrong with brioche. It is a bit more expensive, but the texture is perfect!
There are a ton of variations to French Toast and this is mine. Hope y’all enjoy!
Brioche French Toast
- 1 loaf Brioche
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 c Milk whole milk if possible
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Raw Sugar
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Fruit for topping
- Maple Syrup
- Preheat your pan to medium high heat. I use a bit of oil in mine however, butter will give a nuttier flavor. You will have to add butter while cooking to keep pan coated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and milk. Add cinnamon and nutmeg; whisk to combine. Pour into a flat baking pan or bowl.
- Cut brioche slices about 1/2 inch thick. Any thinner the bread won’t hold up as well.
- Dip the brioche into the egg mixture coating evenly. Allow excess to drip off prior to placing in skillet.
- Place on preheated skillet or pan and fry to a golden brown, flip and brown other side. I turn about 2-3 minutes in. Keep an eye on the heat and oil in your pan. Too hot will result in burnt toast.
- Remove from skillet & top with powdered sugar, fruit & maple syrup!