I absolutely love Pecan Pie and it is a huge hit in my house. Add bourbon of course and it is even better! You can always omit the bourbon of course but it’s the holidays so why not!
Bourbon Pecan Pie
- 3 large Eggs At Room Temp
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Karo Syrup
- 3 tbsp Butter At Room Temp
- 2 tbsp Bourbon
- 1 tsp Real Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 Prepared Deep Dish Pie Crust I blind bake mine for a bit while making mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat eggs with a hand whisk till blended. Add each ingredient as follows mixing well (but not over mixed) in between. Sugar, butter, syrup, vanilla, bourbon, & salt.
- Add 1/2 of the pecans to the pie crust then pour in the filling. Top with remaining pecans and bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Another way to add pecans is to toss them lightly in flour and put in the mixture after pouring into pie plate. This will help them not fall to the bottom.
I also use a tin shield on my pie crust about halfway through cooking to prevent overbrowning.