Okay y’all let’s talk pimento cheese! Now that I am back in the Good Ole South I am introducing foods to Coop that he can’t get enough of! Pimento cheese is one of those foods! A basic recipe only has a few ingredients which include sharp cheddar cheese, mayo and pimentos. The varieties are endless however which can add, hot sauce, jalapenos, onions, and on and on. Pimento cheese can be served as a spread or in a sandwich. I made Coop a pimento cheese quesadilla the other night that he gobbled right up. Mix it with mashed yolks for a twist on deviled eggs! Again the possibilities are endless. Did I mention pimento cheese sandwiches are also a signature item at the Masters Tournament?
I think you get how great it is by now so on with the recipes I use. If I don’t want to whip any up I love Palmetto Cheese brand that can be found at most local grocery stores. They also have a great recipe index on their site with more ideas (Link here—-> Recipes )
- 8 oz Sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 8 oz American cheese
- 8 oz Cream cheese room temp
- 1 sm Spring onion finely chopped
- 8 oz Pimentos finely chopped
- 1 cup Mayo
- S&P to taste
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Mix cream cheese, mayo and liquid from pimentos. Add grated cheese, onions and pimentos. Add S&P and cayenne pepper to taste.
- 3/4 c Mayo
- 1 4oz Jar pimentos drained
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Cinder Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 lb Mild Cheddar Cheese grated
- Mix together mayo, pimentos, honey, vinegar, S&P. Add grated cheese and mix thoroughly.