I have made a ton of zucchini bread with different variations and have finally found THE BEST EVER! I have made this twice this week already and have requests for more. This recipe is perfect consistency, flavor and balance of spice with sweet. Of course you can always substitute things such as sugar, oil and spices but as this one is it really is perfect! Enjoy and I would love to hear from y’all what you think!
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Vegetable oil I do a little less than a cup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Real vanilla
- 2 cups Zucchini grated I remove the skin
- 2 cups All purpose flour I use high altitude
- 1 3/4 cups Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Nuts chopped fine I used pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a stand mixer combine eggs, sugar and oil mixing well. I used speed 3 for a few minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg & salt. Mix well.
- Add vanilla and zucchini to egg mixture.
- Add dry mix to egg mix. Do not over mix as the gluten will not hold up once the bread is cooked and will make for a crumbly bread.
- Add nuts to mixing bowl and mix for one minute or until all ingredients are well blended.
- Bake in 2 greased and floured loaf pans or in one bunt pan for 45 minutes to 1 hour.