I struggle every year with what to get my nieces and nephews for Christmas. They are all fortunate that if they have a need it is fulfilled so gift giving tends to be well, boring. So now I am in the search for unique gifts that will hopefully wow vs. a gift card blah. Here are a few I have come up with!
- Kidstir– Teach your child to cook with this monthly subscription box that includes kid-sized cooking tools, kid-friendly recipes, a cookbook binder to keep all the recipes, and more. This subscription box is more affordable than some others, and you can turn the cooking into a fun family activity.
- Play Tickets- Get two tickets to a show at a performing arts center or theater.
- Give the gift of the Outdoors- Three years ago I gave my dad and brother a white water adventure in the Colorado Rockies. Last year they received tickets for a kayak trip in the North Georgia Mountains. They loved it!
- Toys that Teach- I am addicted to Fat Brain Toys! They have very creative toy options that will engage your little ones vs. relying on a button to entertain them.
- Indoor Play Space or Trampoline Parks- Almost every city has them now and they are perfect!
- Books– I am a huge advocate of reading and encourage the kiddos as much as possible to read!
- Museum Memberships- This gives all year long and a great learning experience as a plus.
- Amusement Park Season Tickets- A full fun season of rides! Can’t go wrong here.
- Photo Books- I am officially a Chatbooks addict! You can create a book with an unlimited amount of photos. In a digital age it is nice to be able to print and have a memory book.
- Ski Passes- If you live in a ski area these are a must!
- Ski Lessons- Goes great with ski passes!
- Snow Tubing Passes- Perfect for all ages.
- Sleigh Rides- So much fun especially in the snowy areas of the country.
- Pottery making classes- They are almost in every little town across America and tailor to all ages.
- Painting classes- I went to one and loved it! My mom still has the painting I did for her.
- Cooking classes- This one is so much fun and of course being a cook myself enjoy giving these.
- Plane ticket- If you have that one person you really want to see why not get them a ticket to come visit!
- State Park Passes- The Rocky Mountain National Park pass is a great one. There are also National Park Passes that you can purchase to gift.
- Zoo Season Passes are always wonderful and a great way to help out your local zoo. Ohh and zoo passes are a tax deduction!
- Aquarium Season Pass, these are also a tax deduction.
- Horseback riding lessons- I grew up with horses and this is near and dear to my heart.
This is just a small list of the gifts I have given and give still. What are some memorable gifts that you have given? Merry Christmas everyone!
XOXO Tanya Michelle!