A couple of weeks ago I cooked a 3lb pork roast on the grill. I didn’t realize how much meat that would render but I soon learned you can eat on that for a week easy! Problem is you don’t want just pulled pork so I was creative and am sharing the many ways you can use pork. Hope y’all enjoy!
Side note: I will only use leftovers for three days then they are trashed. I have included three recipes below that I made with this pork recipe.
Grilled Pork Roast
- 3 lb Pork Roast
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Creole Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Molasses
- Make a rub with all the ingredients and coat meat well. You can let this sit overnight wrapped in foil in the fridge or cook immediately.
- Preheat grill and keep temperature around 350. We have a three burner grill so we only turned the two outside burners on.
- Place roast, fat side up, on grill (indirect heat in the middle if you can) You do not want to put near flames as this will dry up your roast.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours. Check the meat temperature with a meat thermometer at the hour and a half point. You want the middle to read 160°F.
- Let roast stand for 10 minutes.
- You can use two forks to pull or I used my Cuisinart food processor attachment to shred the pork.
Here are a few recipes I made with my grilled pork roast!