I love gingerbread cookies! The spices and warmth of this gingerbread cookie is soothing and add hot tea or a glass of milk and it is heavenly! They are fun that you can cut any shape and frost or dust with powdered sugar. I hear Santa really loves gingerbread cookies too!
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 tsps Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Ground Clove
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Butter room temp
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside
- Beat butter & brown sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses, egg & vanilla & mix well.
- Slowly add flour to mixture and combine well.
- Press dough in a thick ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut gingerbread in your favorite shapes and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are beginning to brown.
- Cool on baking rack for 1-2 minutes.
- Decorate cooled cookies as desired.
Need cookie sheets? Follow link here! Baking Equipment
Want to make sure you never miss a post from us? Join the list and be the first to know! Subscribe Here!