Yia Yia’s Sweet Potato Casserole
AKA Goodness! I was introduced to this recipe 8 years ago and it is so darn good I can’t stand it! The sweet goodness and crispy topping make this a dish that is not for the faint at heart. It is not diet friendly either but hey, it’s only twice a year right? Hope y’all enjoy this as much as my family does.
Yia Yia's Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3 cups Mashed Sweet Potatoes I use Bruce's Yams with most of the liquid drained
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 stick Margarine
- 1/3 cup Soft Margarine
- 1/3 cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix above ingredients together well and spread in a prepared 13x9 baking dish
- Mix ingredients together well and spread on top of potatoes.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes