Yes I said bacon! I mean how else do you make an already great dish perfect! I don’t use canned green beans either and am thankful my hubby doesn’t mind breaking beans!
Bacon Green Bean Casserole
- 2 lbs Fresh Green Beans Snapped, trimmed and blanched
- 2 cans Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 1/3 cup French Fried Onions I use French's
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 6 slices Bacon (prepared & crumble) I use applewood
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Stir the soup, milk, salt, pepper, crumbled bacon, 2/3 cups of the onions and blanched green beans in a medium bowl. Stir well.
- Add mixture to baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until bean mixture is bubbling.
- Stir mixture and top with remaining friend onions. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.