So incredibly yummy! I had a half loaf of sourdough bread left and took a shot at making something with it. As you can see the pan is small so if you make more increase eggs and milk. Hope y’all enjoy! Ohh and the music is a great pick me up! Lil Zac Brown! If you prefer to read and print the recipe see below.
French Toast Bake
- 1/2 loaf Sourdough Bread cut into cubes
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon more to sprinkle on top
- 3/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Real Vanilla
- 1 tsp Sugar In The Raw
- Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place cubed sourdough bread into 9x9 baking dish
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until blended.
- Pour egg mix over bread
- Sprinkle the top with more cinnamon and sugar in the raw
- Bake 35-40 minutes in preheated oven. While be golden brown when done.
- While baking add maple syrup to a sauce pan and add fruit of choice. ( I use blueberries and apples) Simmer until fruit softens. Spoon over finished French Toast and voila a scrumptious breakfast is served!