Being Irish the potato is a staple in my house! I love them cooked any way possible especially mashed! Enjoy this super creamy easy recipe.
- 2.5 lbs Potatoes I love Russett or Yukon Gold
- 3.5 cups Water for boil
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt To taste
- 1 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 1/2 sticks Butter
- 1 cup Milk I use almond for my allergy people
- In a large pot place peeled and diced potatoes and cover with water. Cook on high heat and boil about 10 minutes and medium heat another 20 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and discard water. (Save the water and sip on for a potassium boost)
- In a mixing bowl combine potatoes, butter, milk salt & pepper. Hand mash or use a mixer until creamy.