Now that I have your attention! This recipe is the most requested in my house and they are famous in my house and friend group. They can be made quickly if you prepare your chicken in the beginning of the week. Even if you make your chicken the night of these are quick and easy. The way you season your chicken is crucial as you don’t want bland, boring chicken. I season my chicken with S&P, garlic powder, homemade taco seasoning (different post), and a touch of Creole seasoning. I know it seems like a lot but it is amazing mixed with the green chilies in this recipe.
I top mine with black beans and avocados! Enjoy y’all!
Famous Chicken Enchiladas
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Chicken usually about 3 cups
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 can Diced Green Chilies (Medium) can use mild
- 1 bag Mexican Cheese Blend
- to taste S&P
- to taste Garlic Powder
- to taste Creole Seasoning
- to taste Homemade Taco Seasoning can use chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Season chicken with all seasonings. I am a season to taste kind of cook so get it where you like it.
- Scoop a large spoon of chicken into tortilla and add cheese. Roll tortillas and place in pan.
- In a sauce pan melt butter, stir in flour and cook for about a minute.
- Add broth and whisk until smooth. Cook until thickens on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add yogurt, green chilies and additional S&P.
- Pour mix over your tortillas and top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes and broil on low for about 5 minutes to brown the cheese.