I know this isn’t my intended recipe to release today but I haven’t had time. This however is a must try and I promise you will love it as much as I do! Thank you Audrey for sharing!
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Super moist and tasty coffee cake! This is a friend's recipe and I love it when she makes it.
- 3 c Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1 1/2 c Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 pint Sour Cream
- 3/4 c Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 c Chopped Pecans
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 c Raisins
- In a med. bowl combine dark brown sugar, pecans & cinnamon. Take out 5 tblsp of this mixture and set aside in small bowl.
- Add 1/2 C raisins to the medium bowl of brown sugar, pecans & cinnamon mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In Kitchen Aid mixer blend margarine and sugar. Add eggs one at a time to this mix.
- Stir flour mix into butter mixture ALTERNATING with the sour cream. Stir until smooth.
- Grease and flour a 10" tube pan.
- Layer 1/3 batter (2 cups), 1/3 nuts mixture w/raisins, 1/3 batter, 1/3 nuts w/raisins, 1/3 batter, 1/3 nuts w/raisins mix.
- Sprinkle remaining 5 tblsp brown sugar, nuts, cinn. mix on top.
- Bake 350 degrees It says to bake 1 hour & 10 min but check it at 50-55min. Knife should come out clean.
- Cool completely before trying to remove from pan.