- Raw uncooked oats
- Sugar cookie sprinkles
- Plastic sandwich or snack baggies
- Ribbon in festive holiday colors
- Paper for the printable tags
- Pour 3-4 tablespoons of oats into each plastic bag.
- Add a tablespoon or two of sprinkles.
- Close the baggie with a piece of ribbon, and shake to mix.
- If using a zipper top bag, punch a small hole in the corner and thread a piece of ribbon through the hole.
- Make a tag by writing or printing the poem (link above) onto a piece of paper or card stock. Add the tag to the bag for a fun gift for children to give their friends to use on Christmas Eve—or save and use themselves!
- After you put out the milk and cookies for Santa, head outside to sprinkle this magic reindeer food on the snow or your lawn.